I love to start my mornings off with a refreshing cold smoothie. It’s also a great way to provide a quick, nutritious meal for the kids in the warm summer months.
In today’s post, I will show you how to make a delicious strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt.
This recipe is one of the first smoothies I have ever made and since then it’s been one of my favorite go-to’s.
This smoothie is very easy to make and great for beginners to try out.
It’s also low in calories and fat which makes it a great meal for breakfast or a light afternoon snack.
Strawberries are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C and the flavor pairs perfectly with bananas and yogurt.
The frozen bananas make the smoothie creamy while the frozen strawberries keep it nice and cold.
The probiotics in the yogurt also help with the digestive and immune system and prevent constipation.
I guarantee your kids will love this smoothie in the summer months. Its almost like having ice cream in a glass!
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie in 15 Minutes
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries (Approximately 10 Strawberries)
- 1 Ripe Frozen Banana
- ½ Cup Low Fat Plain Yogurt (Unsweetened Green Yogurt)
- 2-3 Teaspoons Honey or Agave
- ½ Cup Low Fat Milk
Serves: 2 Servings
Add all of the ingredients into a blender, blend for 1 minute until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass or jar and serve immediately.
Tips for Making a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Freezing strawberries and bananas will allow you to enjoy them in the future when they are not in season. Remember to cut off the stem of the strawberries before placing them in the freezer.
- Frozen fruit helps create a thicker consistency.
- Depending on your blender, defrosting the fruits first to soften them will make it easier for you to cut with a knife.
- If your smoothie is watery, add a bit of fruit or ice cubes to thicken it up.
- Before serving, taste test the smoothie before pouring it out. The recipe will vary depending on the size of the berries you use.
- You can make this smoothie up to 24 hours ahead. Store the smoothie in a bottle or airtight jar.
- You can also use vanilla yogurt or strawberry yogurt instead of plain yogurt for more flavor.
Other Smoothie Variations You Can Try
If you’re not a huge fan of strawberries, you can try other fruit combinations such as:
You can also add superfoods such as chia seeds and hemp seeds for extra fiber and omega 3 fatty acids.
These ingredients will not affect the overall flavor of the smoothie and are an easy way to increase the nutritional value of your smoothie.
The Smoothie Diet
If you’re currently reading this post, it’s a good sign you’re already a huge fan of smoothies.
But did you know, you can lose weight while enjoying a healthy smoothie every day?
This is where the Smoothie Diet comes into play.
Created by certified health coach and nutrition expert, Drew Sgoutas, this 21-day diet plan will help you lose weight, increase your energy and detoxes your body from harmful toxins.
Drew is passionate about cooking and eating real ingredients and foods which many people in modern society have forgotten.
The Smoothie Diet has all the information and comprehensive guides you need to change your diet, fitness and overall lifestyle.
Signing up to the program will give you access to:
- Smoothie Schedule
- Shopping Lists
- Recipe Cards
- Daily Journal
- Healthy Eating Guide
- Workout Plan
Drew also includes variations of his smoothie recipes to make sure his diet program can be implemented by anyone.
These extra guides include:
- Diabetes-Friendly Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Smoothies for Kids
The best part about this diet program is it’s all online. You don’t have to pay for any shipping or have to wait for any package to arrive.
You can also download all the information and guides to your desktop which you can view on your tablet or mobile device on to go.
This makes it super easy to track your progress and eating habits without having to carry around different books.
So far I have enjoyed all of the recipes mentioned in the diet plan and have yet to find one where I had to hold my nose while chugging the smoothie down quickly.
If you’re still a bit skeptical, Drew offers a 60-day money back guarantee if for any reason you are not satisfied with the program.
Here is a sneak peek of the topics covered:
- Chapter 1: Fat Burning 101
- Chapter 2: Smoothie Basics
- Chapter 3: What to Eat
- Chapter 4: The Program Weeks
- Chapter 5: FAQ
- Chapter 6: Conclusion
- Chapter 7: Recipes
- 5 Week Program for 7 Days a Week (Sunday’s a cheat day)
- How to Navigate a Grocery Store
- Shopping Lists for Each Week of the Program
- Printable Recipe Cards for each Recipe
- Journal for Each Week
- Mood, Energy, Digestion, Cravings Tracker
- Mind, Exercise Tracker
Healthy Eating Guide
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Healthy Eating Basics
- Chapter 3: Healthy Eating Tips + 7 Meal Plans
- Fast Fat Blasting Workouts for Busy People
- Beginner Workouts
- Intermediate Workouts
- Advanced Workouts
- 42 Diabetes-Friendly Smoothies
- 42 Gluten-Free Smoothies
Smoothies for Kids
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Eating Healthy Early in Life
- Chapter 3: The Power Lies in You
- Chapter 4: Breakfast Skipping – An Absolute No-No
- Chapter 5: Boost Your Child’s Nutritional Intake with Smoothies
- Chapter 6: A More Effective Way to Classifying Foods
- Chapter 7: Conclusion
- Chapter 8: 5 Fruit Smoothies
- Chapter 9: 5 Green Smoothies